About This Game
From the developers of Action Henk, Descenders is a fast-paced extreme downhill biking game that’s easy to pick up, but difficult to master.
A Modern Take on an Extreme Sport
- Procedurally generated worlds: Take on different jumps, slopes and hillbombs every time you play
- Freestyle bike controls: Control every subtle movement of your rider, with an in-depth physics system made for slick whips and scrubs
- Rogue-Bike: Earn special mutators each time you play, and work out which abilities work best for your riding style
- Build your Rep: A fully-featured online Rep system lets you show off your worth, and earn new bikes and threads
- Fully licensed soundtrack: We’ve partnered up with drum & bass label Liquicity to bring you the perfect soundtrack for hitting the mountains
- Become the next Descender: Can you survive the game in a single run, and reach the ranks of the legendary Descenders?
Pick a Team, Become a LegendIn Descenders, your team is your life. When you pick a side — Enemy, Arboreal or Kinetic — you’ll be bound together with other players who choose the same side as you.
Grab your bike, pick your team, and attempt to live up to the legend of your Descender. Will you join the die-hard, trick-frenzy ranks of Team Enemy, the proficient, off-road stylings of Team Arboreal, or the high-octane, speed-is-everything Team Kinetic?
- Wear your team’s colors and apparel with pride, and receive exclusive team gear
- Exclusive prizes are awarded to the team with the most Rep
- Gain access to your team’s exclusive channel on the Descenders Discord server
- OS: Windows 7, 8
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 550/equivalent or higher
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 3 GB available space
 Descenders-SKIDROW.Torrent [1fichier.com]
The only thing you should know about this game are two things:
1. It has the potential to be THE game of the genre. Yes, finally a sucessor for Downhill Domination.
2. The music in this game is RAD!
The graphics are amazing, the animations are well crafted and it is always a fun experience; for the casual gamers who wants their 20 minute fix or if you want to spend your time with it.
It is in Early Access still but the updates are consistent and the developers respect their public. Just for that reason alone they need your support! Make sure you give this one a go.
If you enjoy my short and sweet reviews, please follow our curator page here! We are the Indies of Curators!
Amazing game! always wanted to play this type of game on Steam, if they add multiplayer mode that would be much better , do u guys agree with that ?
Huh, where do I start. The game is amazing, hands down the best (and probably the only? haha) downhill game there is. And boy does it deliver. Ever since I bought it its pretty much the only game I play with, as an avid mountainbiker myself its really like a dream come true with this game. I’ve been waiting for something like this for 15 years, and its friggin amazing.
Even though its early access it already feels like a finished game, and the devs constantly working on it, listening to community feedback as well, and literally, you can have a chat with them on discord. If you like mountainbiking you gonna love this game.
All I can say is wow.
Wow to the devs who are always ready to accept new ideas
Wow to the mechanics
Wow to how much the game has changed since launch
Wow to the simplicity and pure fun this game houses
Thank you RageSquid, thank you all: Mike,Rosie,Lex,Pip, just everyone who worked on this beautiful, ever-progressing piece of art
+rep is dank
Ok, where do I start, for starters I’m an actual downhill rider, and I was longing for a decent and playable mountain biking game. I randomly looked again on steam and stumbled upon Descenders, instantly bought the pre-access after seeing the trailer video.
Let’s start with the game
– Very fun gameplay mechanics, a little hard to begin with but gets better with training, the learning curve was actually not frustrating at all and the controls have a very good potential and are responsive and well balanced.
– Physics are good. For an game under development, this is really good actually. The feeling of speed is spot on, and the tricks are fun to land and feel satisfying.
– The freaking helmet cam. Let’s talk about that. It’s insane and I want it as an option to switch during my runs as I please! It’s insane, the feeling of not seeing how you’re gonna land a trick, and the feeling of having to lean back during a backflip is just SPOT. ON. I loved that, and I’d love that as an option to switch to. Actually got some adrenaline playing with this mode.
– The career system. Absolutely sweet, maps change after every career ending, you get to choose your type of terrain and track, steep & curvy, curvy & stunty, steep & stunty. Love that approach. Limited number of retries is good too.
– The Shed, needs some more development but it’s looking good already. Being able to customize your bike and rider is a great.
I can’t recommend this game enough to mountain bikers who like downhill riding and throwing tricks/slopestyle riding. The game is very arcade-ish and casual, no time-consuming quests or levels of some sort. Just riding, and that’s what I loved about the very little time I already spent. All my time was spent riding and nothing else.
Another suggestion: should definitely add dirt jumping/slopestyle modes, with more tricks like tailwhips and so on !
Thank you for this very well made game. Can’t wait for more development and updates.
as a former downhill mountain biker and life time gamer this is the game I have been waiting for. Everything about the game currently is great. 51 hours into the game I have pretty much done everything except unlock the last achievement ( do a full run with out crashing ) I am really enjoying the daily challenges but feel it is time for more.. what i would really like to see in this game is
1 a daily time trial on a random once off track
2 multiplayer, 4 cross racing, short wide tracks with jumps and obstacles with 4 players racing
3 another enviroment or two
4 the soundtrack is getting tedious now, would be nice with some more songs or be able to play your own music if not streaming…
none the less a fantastic game and really excited to see where it goes
Descenders is *outstanding*. Wow, I am quite blown away by how great this whole thing is. It’s brilliant, really. You take the progression structure from FTL and slap a downhill racer game on it. I cannot stress enough how well the risk/reward mechanic works here. And the whole thing is just visually beautiful, too.
Essentially, you only have so much life as you tear down procuedurally generated trails. Each bail takes so much life away, depending on how severe the crash was. You get within-run buffs that you choose, such as less curves, wider trails, less weather effects, tighter trick turning, and much more. There is one goal per track, and if you meet it, you get +1 to your health. It works perfectly. And then there are metagame unlocks such as gear.
This game is just so much fun to play. They encourage you to play using your own style, and it really does work. You can take it easy and be super cautious, or you can just shred down the mountain and rack up serious points. The tutorial did a great job of teaching the basics, but there are advanced features to master as well.
+The game structure and mechanic are truly brilliant and as fresh as it gets
+The settings are visually beautiful
+The gameplay is really smooth, fun, and easy to get into
+The music is perfect
+Metagame leveling up and unlocks create a great way to keep players coming back for more
-None that I have found
Well worth full price, period. This is one of those crazy ideas that just works oh-so well.
I really like the game but I wish that it will become Co-Op and add some new bike frames in the futre, we all know what bike this is, Polygon Colosus, but I really wish for a bike that looks like the YT Tues or a Demo 8.
That would make the game way better, in my oppinion 🙂
I mean is the same frame but with diffrent skins.
Pray not to die when your speedometer at 192mph.
* Bikes are fun to ride, good handling and controls
* Good variety of tracks due to proc gen
* Lots of outfits
* Good DnB soundtrack that is easy to chill out and ride to
* Devs are active and have fixed many issues already (fixed bad proc gen geometry, added audio feedback for when you have too much air to land safely without a perfect landing)
* Performance bugs that require game restart to fix, and if you alt-F4 out it’ll just reload the same track and often the same bug will recur, you have to leave your campaign and forfeit points.
* Proc Gen occasionally makes tracks that feel unfair or very boring. Courses with 0-2 steepness are boring and also make it hard to get enough speed for certain jumps/obstacles, or it will put an uphill right before a jump, or a tight turn right after a big jump. Sometimes I think I would prefer 10-15 great handmade tracks vs 10^12 tracks of mixed quality.
* Punishing point system (Devs plan to revamp, it is Early Access after all)
Recommendations for devs:
* Add a favorite seed option so that people can have a stable of favorite generated courses to revisit later
* Make it easier to see the landing area flags of the gap jumps on Peaks
* Maybe a track builder?
* Way too easy to hit your head on Firewatch towers in Forest
* That one railed walkway thing on Peaks always has a huge drop after it, too hard to land correctly.
* No points for jumping Forest logs besides the air you get?
* Stunts rating for a track affects both stunts and obstacles, so sometimes you think you are gonna get a bunch of sweet jumps and instead you spend the whole track jumping logs and trying to fit between two rocks. More jumps on Forest please!