About This ContentIn the middle of March 1943, the 1st Ranger Battalion captured El Guettar oasis, meeting almost no resistance. Italian forces defending the oasis retreated and took up positions in the nearby hills. On March 20, the Rangers along with the 1st ID attacked them, captured more than 500 prisoners and a large number of ammunition and equipment. Units of 16 and 18 IR, 1st ID took positions in the mountains, east of the oasis, blocking Highway 15 leading to Gabes. The forces of 601 and 899 TD battalions were located in the second echelon, front to the highway. Artillery of the division took positions along the Keddab ridge. The German command transferred the most combat-effective 10 TD, which had more than 100 tanks and armored personnel carriers, and rapidly prepared a counter-offensive plan to capture El Guettar.
- Two operations of 7 turns for each of the parties (El Guettar, March 23, 1943).
- Precisely recreated area of over 200 sq. km: ridges and mountains, semi-desert with harsh terrain, marshes and extensive gullies.
- Historical organizational structure of units at the time of the offensive.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit only)
- Processor: AMD FX-8320/Intel Core i3-4160
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon 7570/nVidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
1) Added indication of the rate of fire for off-map artillery.
2) Added +1 gradation of the game difficulty setting.
3) Added additional parameters of difficulty, somewhat changed the distribution of parameters between different levels of difficulty and realism.
4) Fixed a bug with a BG/platoon movement that got into battle, but its attack point was outside the tactical battlefield.
5) The algorithm of BG movement with indirect control has been improved: BG in the normal state attacks in the direction of attack, the defence order is not automatically set for retreating units.
6) Fixed a bug with the trembling of soldiers when mount on vehicle.
7) Radically reduced the number of options in the menu, added decoding for general settings.
8) The algorithm for the movement of auxiliary units and staffs in the operational phase (for AI troops) has been changed.
9) Added the ability to set order along the boundary of the battlefield in the operational phase with indirect control.
10) March order in the operational phase is not canceled for platoons/BGs which lost their combat ability.
11) Added indication of the duration of the stroke in the operation.
12) Updated user manual.
13) Added indirect control in the operational phase (can be disabled in the settings). The right mouse button sets the order for the BG/platoon, a second click changes its type or cancels the order.
14) Fixed bug with swimming soldiers at low temperatures in some cases.
15) The transition to the platoon’s parameters in the operational phase is carried out by pressing Mouse Wheel with the indirect control enabled.
16) The algorithm of operation of the observation devices at the StuG III F/8 has been changed.
17) Improved the algorithm for displaying unit designations on the operational map (divisions and corps are indicated in square brackets, brigades and regiments – without brackets, other units – with dividing line).
I mean, look at the update. there’s no update since April.Always like this. GTMF Updated -> 3~4 months later -> TWT Updated.Well…yeah anyway game updates. Just really feels like its abandoned. The Middle mouse button controls(in the operational phas…
Is there a way to do this? I’ve come from Graviteam Tactics Operation Star and its DLC’s and i’m finding the UI a little tricky to get used to. I was wondering if this was an option still, as with range estimator. Any Help would be much appreciated. Cheer…
I wasnt expecting much, but for f***s sake im really amazed! Awesome!
Is it even possible? My tank crews just ran away from the tank after got hit 3 times in the front.
Why is it that US and German forces get juicy batteries of 4 heavy 105 and 155/150mm guns but the British only get 3inch mortars and if lucky a battery of only TWO 25 pounders (arguably best guns of the war) like they’re some poorly armed middle eastern i…