About This Game‘The Works of Mercy’ is a psychological thriller inspired by the classics of the genre. The game’s plot revolves around mysterious killings committed on seemingly random victims. Only this time it’s the player who becomes the murderer.
The game tells a story of a personal tragedy and wrecked psyche. When a cryptic tormentor forces the protagonist to kill people in order to save his family, the game’s hero (and the player) is posed with a series of dramatic questions. Who is the tormentor? Why is he so vengeful toward the protagonist’s family? How far do you have to go to satisfy him? How can you justify the killing in the sake of saving someone’s life? And how will you cope with the sense of guilt?
Answers to the posed questions can be found in multiple endings playing more than once.
The game will leave the gamers with a lasting impression and face them with the question: how much could I sacrifice for my family? It will take the players through a dark world which gradually dissolves to an increasingly surreal vision of the protagonist’s mind captured in a lethal trap.
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or 64-bit Windows 1
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 18 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible
 The.Works.Of.Mercy-HOODLUM.Torrent [1fichier.com]
As badly as I tried to enjoy this game, it is nothing like what was promised. The graphics have been SEVERELY downgraded, performance has tanked, there is no save function whatsoever, its increasingly difficult to figure out what you need to do, and worst of all it lasts LESS THAN AN HOUR OF PLAYTIME.
It feels as if the devs had a neat concept with the original demo back in 2016, but struggled to get anywhere past that portion and ran out of ideas. It pains me to have to not recommend this game but I just can find anything good in it whatsoever.
EDIT: I have been banned from the community hub, and the devs have publicly announced that they will not improve the game or update it and have instead moved on to a different project in hopes it will be more successful.
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!
Little background: I supported this game on Kickstarter about 2 years ago. It looked fabolous back then in the trailer and the graphics were just stunning. I love Horror Games and the concept sounded awesome – having to face hard situations and make decisions that involve psychological horror to save your family. This game really got me scared – but not in a good way and how it should do by great gameplay and atmosphere but in the opposite way. Let me just mention the things I remember the most:
• Bugs: especially with the sound system. Sometimes lines are spoken simultaneously. Also gameplay wise there are some bugs that do not make it unplayable but are annoying.
• The graphics are bad compared to the trailer, they downgraded it a lot. It sometimes actually looks nice and in the next moment I think I play an old Source-Engine game. Also a lot of details are missing in the kitchen compared to the Kickstarter demo (the whole kitchen is just empty and there is nothing to explore). The basement shocked me the most as it has blurred textures everywhere.
• Weird lightning when interacting with persons (which is very rare). You always see different blinking kind of colours, I asked myself if I took any drugs but no, I wish I had. It really is annoying and so stressful and above that (my guess) they use these lightning effects to not show any graphical details of the character models as they are downgraded too and would not look that good.
• Bad programming: the way it feels when you interact with things, walk around or look at objects – just not good. An example: just look at the water in the bath tub if you turn it up and look where it „breaks“ or hits the "ground".
• The chain of events or let’s call it story: it‘s just one case after another without uprising tension or a real story behind it that gets you going (yeah the main story of course but you get to know that by the first second of the game)
• The "length" of the game: I literally finished it in about an hour. I waited 2 years for that? It might be a little longer if you chose other dialogue options, but it for sure is way too short.
The only "good" thing might be the amount of options in the above mentioned dialogues, but a lot of them just don’t feel real or as if they would make a big difference, at least not for me. The whole game feels like it has been released in order to be released finally but for a production time of over 2 years it is just a joke. I remember some screenshots, announcements and ideas from the producers back then which were really promising and now I realise that I found none of them in the game. It is just really sad for such a promising game and it makes me a little angry as I purposely feel tricked here but okay now it’s too late as I gave my money for this game a long time ago. I can now just hope I prevent you from making the same mistake.
I speak for myself here and just want to inform you, it might be that some people like this type of "psychological horror" but for me as a fan of chilling atmospheres like in Outlast, Soma or Amnesia back then this is just disappointing.
But now enough said and done, I got better games to play.
Approx $57 USD | €50 EUR)
BECOME A 2D ARTIST!
– 2 x Steam Key
– Digital Soundtrack
– Special thanks in game credits
– Your artwork in the game
(You send us an original artwork you have created and it will be placed in the game.
It might even be a picture of you)
– 2D artist credit
I was very dissapointed to not find it at all in the short time I could play of the actual game, I’ll watch some playthroughs of the game to see if it’s actually in there, but so far I’m deeply dissapointed and wish I could get my money back.
Why the downgraded graphics? Why no save function?
Oh and don’t get me started on the textures in the basement..
Thank you Steam refund..
Do yourself a favor and grab this on a super sale..like under $5
Dieses Spiel ist ein Witz.
Als ich den ersten Trailer und einige Demo-Videos sah waren meine Erwartungen relativ hoch.
Ich rechnete mit einer interessanten Story und einem komplexen Spiel.
Aber das was Ende September als finale Version erschien ist nichts weiter als ein 14,99€ teurer Scherz.
Das Spiel ist verbuggt, die Untertitel sind oft falsch, der Sound wirkt billig und das größte Problem: Die kurze Spieldauer.
All das wär nicht einmal ein Problem für mich, wenn das Spiel günstiger als 5€ wäre und die Entwickler von vornherein den Spielern reinen Wein eingeschenkt und das Konzept genauer erläutert hätten.
Auch dann wäre es nur ein geradenoch so durchschnittliches Spiel, aber der Kunde hätte wenigstens gewusst, worauf er sich einlässt.
Aber unter den jetzigen Umständen spielt das Spiel schon fast in einer Liga mit Steam-Spielen wie ,,One Day for Ched" und ist meiner Meinung nach einfach nur Betrug.
Steam/Valve sollte wenigstens höhere Qualitätsstandarts setzen und solche Spiele vor dem Erscheinen besser überprüfen.
This game is a joke.
When I saw the first trailer and a few demo-gameplays, I expected a very interesting story and an extensive game.
But what we got in the end is just a 14,99€ expensive joke.
The final game is buggy, the subtitles are often incorrect, the sound appears to be sleazy and the biggest lack of the game: the short gameplay-time.
This wouldn’t be a problem, if the game would cost less than 5€ and the developers would have pronounced the concept from the beginning.
It still would be not more than an average game, but the customers would have known what they would buy, when this game came out.
But under this circumstances the game plays almost in one league with steam-games like ,,One Day for Ched" and is deception in my opinion.
Steam/Valve should set higher quality-standarts and check games like this before the release.
Except, it’s not good. It’s janky as all get out, the story is confusing and uninspired, and the quality is significantly downgraded from the demo we saw. I’m willing to cut a lot of games slack, particularly from small developers, but this was such a terrible experience that I wish I could take back my pledge. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELVES AND DON’T PLAY THIS.
I won’t recommend this kind of game to anyone. (Except that I hate them)